[Wine] Re: Neverwinter Nights thru Wine

Olaf Leidinger leidola at newcon.de
Mon Mar 19 00:48:50 CDT 2007

Hi!

> Installed NWN and it plays kind of choppy with no sound.  I then wanted to
> uninstall it but it keeps giving me a 0x800000 something or other fault.
> it seems to have brought all the gibbly goop from windoze with it.  How
> can I uninstall it?  I can't even find where it installed to so I can
> manually get rid of it.

Everything wine installs goes to .wine/drive_c   in your home-directory
(and files/folders startting with a dot are hidden). If you don't mind
loosing all the wine configuration and other apps you've installed,
simply remove the .wine folder (a new one is created when launching
wine the next time)  - e.g. from a terminal

rm -R ~/.wine

I guess you're running wine in linux - in case you didn't hear about
the native linux client
for NWN:
http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/linuxclient.html

Ciao,