[Wine] Winelib 64 bits native support?

DarkAngel drkangel666 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:48:51 CDT 2007

One of our projects currently uses Winelib as a way to build a native
Linux executable from the same codebase as the Windows version of our
software (we're gradually phasing out Windows API code and using
wrappers, but it's legacy, even pre-dot com bubble, code so it's a
long-term project). We're currently in the process of porting this
software to 64 bits architectures so that it will run natively under a
64 bits Linux distribution, and if possible on Solaris 64 bits as well.
The information I've found from the winehq site and from the developers
lists indicates that currently there is support for building 32 bits
Wine on a 64 bits architecture. However, our goal is to build our code
as native 64 bits, so this is not exactly what I was looking for. I was
wondering if the Winelib code can compile natively in 64 bits in the
latest release version, and if not I'd be grateful for any estimates on
what work needs to be done to allow this, so I can crunch some numbers
for management to choke on.

Thanks for any information you can give.