[Wine] disk drive assignment problem

Robert McLean robert.mclean1 at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 19 00:49:00 CDT 2007

I recently installed wine, and was using it succesfully yesterday to
run a spice cad problem I have on my windows drives aclled
swcadiii.exe.  But now I cant get it to work.

For my windows files I have 2 drives, C and D.  D is my windows boot
drive with sytem and system32 folders.
I have these mounted in my linux as /mnt/windows/D  and /mnt/windows/D

When I go into the wine configuration tool I can map C to
/mnt/windows/C, and I can map D into /mnt/windows/D.  I hit the Apply
button, and I hit the OK button.  When I use wine to run my
swcadiii.exe program I get not accessible and file not found errors.
When I go back into the wine configuration tool I see that my D drive
mapping has not been saved.  How do I make changes the drive
assignments I make permanent ?