[Wine] Wine and MS Access problem

Robert McLean robert.mclean1 at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 19 00:49:02 CDT 2007

This is a MS Access problem I dont see in other posts.
I have wine up and running and I now have it working with one other
app, a spice cad program called scad3.exe.  When I run it via wine I do
get error messages, but since the program comes up and works fine any
way I have been ignoring those errors.  But I will list them here
anyway, in case some expert can tell if they are relevant to my Access
problems

[Bob at Cogitron ~]$ wine "d:\program files\ltc\swcadiii\scad3.exe"
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.
4259: assertion failed "(*(const char*)_DBUS_FUNCTION_NAME) != '_'"
file "dbus-connection.c" line 2877 function
_dbus_connection_read_write_dispatch

Then a window opens up with my scad in it running as it should, and I
use it despite the error messages.
Note that my windowsXp is on my D drive, not C, so it looks to me that
wine looks at C, cant find windows, spits out the error message, tries
D, finds windows, and then succeeds from there.  So that error message
doesnt seem to matter to me.

Now heres my Access problem
[Bob at Cogitron ~]$ wine "d:\program files\microsoft
office\office\msaccess.exe"
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessib le.
err:module:import_dll Library msjet35.dll (which is needed by
L"D:\\program file s\\microsoft office\\office\\msaccess.exe") not
found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"D:\\program
files\\m icrosoft office\\office\\msaccess.exe" failed, status c0000135
[Bob at Cogitron ~]$

Based on my success with swcad, I ignore the windows\\system32 not
accessible message.
But I dont understand the msjet35.dll not found message.  I have
looked, and msjet35.dll is in D:/windows/system32 where it belongs.
Wine managed to find my program files in D, why cant it find
msjet35.dll ??   Is the final error message caused by not finding
msjet35.dll, or is it something else entirely ?

And more to the point, what do I do about it ?
Thanks.