[Wine] Re: Symantec Miniview.exe

Tom Mende tmende at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 19 00:49:08 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:

> Tom Mende <tmende at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>> Hi: I get emails with *.FXM files attached that are faxes forwarded by
>> WinFax Pro. The message attached says to download Miniview.exe from the
>> Symantec web site which I did and it appears to run in under WINE except
>> that the faxes show up in black. Curiously when I laterally resize the
>> viewer I can view the fax but as soon as I stop resizing it the fax
>> reverts to a blaxk screen. I attempted to print the faxes out and they
>> come up as per the viewer, completely black background with a rainbow
>> diagonal effect! I tried upgrading my ATI driver to support 3d and it
>> works wonderfully well but running miniview.exe under wine is still the
>> same. Ideas?
>
> You neglect to mention what win version you are using.
> - 3D acceleration has nothing to do with the problem.
> - I would test the program on my system, but I don't have any faxes.
> - Have you tried exporting to a bitmap file?
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel:

I have upgraded to wine 9.22 without any change in the result. I have
exported to a bitmap successfully and can print it out. I would like to
understand why the viewer displays black. Can I email you the
miniviewer.exe file and a sample fax to have a look at. Any help would be
most welcome.

Cheers, Tom