[Wine] Display damage after installing game on wine?

Thea Bergermann TheaEvanda at gmx.de
Mon Mar 19 00:49:30 CDT 2007

Hello,

I just tried to instal "Guild Wars" under Wine on my SuSE 10.1 linux
system.
The installation went fine and the initial images were perfect, but
suddenly an about 5cm wide column on the extreme right of my display
began flickering and finally went white. This stayed. Even at boot time
and in BIOS setup, the column stays the same. Only with X running, a
shadow of the "true" display is visible among vertical lines.
I fear that I somehow damaged my monitor. Is there anything that I
could do to resurrect my "white column"?

System data:
Toshiba Satellite P30 Series (Japanese Dynabook WX 3727WDS)
ATI Mobility Radeon 9100 IGP MS3; RS300 5835
LG Phillips LCD Monitor (16:10 17" WXGA, 1440x900)

Software:
SuSE Linux 10.1
wine (most recent.... xx.xx.22)
Display Driver: ati (non-proprietary standard driver)

We already tried a BIOS reset to defaults and removing the BIOS
battery, to no measurable effect.

Thank you,

Thea Bergermann
Nuernberg, Germany