[Wine] Re: Wine and PTTYn devices

Stuart Rogers invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Mar 19 00:49:44 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka <skorka at gmx.net> wrote in
news:ehbrv0$tif$2 at news2.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de:

> Stuart Rogers <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> Does anyone know if it is possible to get Wine to map PTTYn devices
>> to its serial ports? If so how? I'm running Wine on Mandriva 2007.
>
> http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/misc-things-to-configure#AEN3
> 85
>
>> I have a program which I want to run which will get its data from a
>> serial port but this port is actually a pseudo serial port which is
>> connected to a TCP/IP application!
>
> If the ptty behaves like a serial port, you should be fine.
>
> Daniel

Daniel thanks for this pointer.

I'm still having problems but I think now its my understanding of pseudo
and real ports. I'm using a program called remserial which connects to a
remote PC by TCP/IP and presents the connection to the ptyp9 port,
according to my understanding if I connect my wine app to ttyp9 as its com
port it should 'see' a normal com port and talk to it just as if its a real
port if I have done the link you pointed me at. Well my app says the com
port is open or unavailable!

If anyone has any ideas I'd be greatfull!

Stuart