[Wine] Re: installing on a different partition

Aggro spammerdream at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 00:49:51 CDT 2007

ats1080s at gmail.com wrote:

> im talking about making wine install applications to a different
> location.  i really couldnt tell you where its installing stuff to.  i
> make a new user sccout from the one that i had and i dont have a .wine
> directory in my home folder anymore.  after i installed steam i opened
> kdiskfree and as cs:s was downloading i sat there and watched the /
> partition fill up, so i dunno whats going on there.

Are you sure it is not because it's downloading the file first to /tmp/
folder to move it later to some other location?

If you know the name of the file you are searching for, you could try
searching for it with command:
find /home/ -name nameofthefile

Replace nameofthefile with the actual filename you would like to search
for. For example game.exe. Also if you don't find anyhting at /home/,
try some other folder in your root directory (which might require root
privileges).

> is there a way to
> get wine back to defaults?

What install packet you have used and how did you install it. Uninstall
and reinstall usually saves the setting files by default, unless you
give a specific order to destroy them.