[Wine] Re: Some strange window bahviour with Papyrus in wine

Paul Williamson paul.williamson at zetnet.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 00:49:56 CDT 2007

Hello Daniel

Thanks for the quick reply.

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:03:30 +0000, Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Paul Williamson <paul.williamson at zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>> However, I have noticed in these two more recent versions that if I select
>> "allow the window manager to manage created windows", then I get some
>> difficulties.
>
> That this mode still has its problems is well known, that's why there
> are the other ones. You make no mention of how the third option works
> for you, i.e. no virtual desktop and no window managment by the WM.

The third option gives the corrupted icons for minimised windows similar
to the ones I get when using the virtual destop (on top of each other,
text missing etc.) but at the bottom of the screen, instead of within the
virtual desktop.  Clicking on these corrupted icons gives me an option to
"put debug mark in debug log".  I have clicked on this, but I don't know
if logging is active, or where to find the debug log if it is, but I
imagine from what you say that this is already known about.

Also, if I don't use the "allow the window manager ....." option, then I
cannot switch between the desktops as usual with the Kde deskop - a
feature I use a lot.

Paul (W)