[Wine] Re: serial port problem

McNail google at naegele.net
Mon Mar 19 00:49:57 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:

> McNail <google at naegele.net> wrote:
> > tells me every time that it gets no connection with COM2. To verify
> > that the serial connection is ok I a have connected a modem and tried
> > to dial out with terraterm, an older terminal program. And this works!
>
> You do not mention if terraterm was running inside wine or not.

terraterm works inside wine. I could connect the modem, trying some AT
commands an dialing.

> > Any useful hints, why I can't connect my telephone system? Sorry, I get
> > no debug information or errors on console.
>
> Did you set up your serial port as described in the wine user guide?

Yes. Since terraterm works inside wine, I don't think that I ahve a
serial port problem. This must be some other problem, maybe the old
program for my telephone system is buggy. The last time I've tried it,
it works in Win98 without any problems.

> Daniel

Regards,
Ralf