[Wine] Re: Planning first Linux/Wine install

anandpursahibwale at yahoo.com anandpursahibwale at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 00:50:04 CDT 2007

Another wrinkle in my planning:  I have a favorite personal financial
management program (i.e, checkbook plus) that I've been using under
OS/2's Win3.1 capability for the past 13 years.  Because it does the
job I need, and it has 13 years of data, and did not export
satisfactorily to Quicken 98, I would like to continue using it.  It is
a straight Win 3.1 program and it would not install under Win98 or
Win2K.

Can Wine run Win 3.1 programs without a DOS/win3.1 partition, and how
would it install (especially given that it won't install under
Win98/Win2K)?

Thanks for indulging me my attachments to legacy software!