[Wine] Re: abode acrobat professional 7.0 installation problem

Olaf Leidinger leidola at newcon.de
Mon Mar 19 00:50:06 CDT 2007

Hello!

> I'm using wine 0.9.9 on kubuntu.
>
> The locale was "tr_TR.UTF-8", I changed it to "en_US" and it
> successfully skipped that error. But this time it complained about that
> there is no Internet Explorer installed. So, I'll install IE first, and
> then try the acro pro. again.

No, don't install microsoft's IE - later versions of wine include their own implementation and it seems as if installing IE doesn't work atm..

Grab the latest packages from winehq.org and try them.

Also have a look at : http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=4922

Perhaps you start with a fresh $HOME/.wine  directory (delete or rename) and see if that works fine. It seems as if no native DLL files are needed anymore.

Ciao,

Olaf