[Wine] Re: installing on a different partition

Darren Wilkinson spamtrap at spamtrap.spamtrap
Mon Mar 19 00:50:06 CDT 2007

ats1080s at gmail.com wrote:
> im using suse linux 10.1 and apparently my / partition is only 20GB
> which at the moment is all full.  how do i install to /home which is
> 212GB?  i tried typing that in in the install program but it just sent
> it to the usual spot.  anyone have any ideas?  im using the latest
> version of wine

maybe instead of trying to install to /home which doesn't sound like that good
an idea maybe you should try resizing your partitions and/or uninstalling any
unnecessary stuff that came with your distro. Adding a separate /usr partition
instead of using a subdirectory of / may be best. Are you sure you don't have
enough space for a binary package install though? whereas compiling wine on my
mandriva distro takes ~1gb the binary packages only tend to take 10-20 mb.