[Wine] Re: steam games

Darren Wilkinson spamtrap at spamtrap.spamtrap
Mon Mar 19 00:50:08 CDT 2007

ats1080s at gmail.com wrote:
> i have steam installed fine, everything works the way its suppost to,
> but i cant get CS or any of the 1.6 games to open.  when i open any of
> them it makes my desktop rediculously big and i cant click on anything.
>  the only way to get out of it is to hit ctrl alt delete and log out.
> anyone have any ideas?  steam is like the only reason i got wine.

Not sure but try running winecfg and under Graphics set wine to run is an
virtual desktop. Set a resolution below your actual desktop size. The games may
still resize but they will resize the window and if any game crashes/freezes
you'll be able to Alt-Tab to see your consoles error messages and can kill the
console window to kill wine and the game.

Also I searched the AppDB at www.winehq.com and found the following for Counter
Strike.

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=871

Click on either "retail" or "steam". It looks like your bug is one of those listed.