[Wine] Re: systray

Mantar, Feyelno nek dusa mantar.feyelno at YourPantiesSirWilliamfrontiernet.net
Mon Mar 19 00:50:16 CDT 2007

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 07:08:38 -0800, banaan2 wrote:

> I'm running ubuntu Dapper with newest version of wine, and everything is
> fine. Only, if I start utorrent.exe via the session-manager of ubuntu
> (where I configured wine so it starts utorrent on start-up) I cannot see a
> system-tray icon. The same problem is for my UD-Grid device, I can't see
> 'm in the system tray.
>
> If I start manualy the program, it's all fine: even the system tray. The
> only problem is that when it's automated with the start-up, it goes wrong.

 I would hazard a guess that it's starting up before the notification area
is present, and is deciding that there's no place to put the systray
icons, and so it doesn't display them.
 A workaround would be to start them from a script with a "sleep 5s" in
there to wait until the notification area will be loaded.

--
 - Mantar  --- Drop YourPantiesSirWilliam to email me.