[Wine] Re: Newbie Problem: need Windows Printer Driver?

rainer gemauer at web.de
Mon Mar 19 00:50:24 CDT 2007

Olaf Leidinger wrote:

> Hello!
>
>> I have CUPS correctly setup and - as I wrote - can print out of wine
>> applications (wordpad). But as it appears that's not good enough for
>> prism. I'm afraid it wants to see some windows-printer-driver. I'm not
>> sure if they have to work or if they just should be there somewhere :-)
>
> Well, I guess wine has its own print driver which uses cups for
> printing - some kind of postscript driver.
>
> Perhaps you find something while running
> WINEDEBUG="+print" wine programm.exe
>
> Have a look at [1] for more information.
>
> In any case you should open a bug report on wine bugzilla.
>
> Also telling the authors of prism about your problem might be a good
> idea. At least they realize that their app basically works on wine and
> they might become interested.

I will. I just created this log-file they mentioned in
http://www.graphpad.com/faq/viewfaq.cfm?faq=815 and will send it to
graphpad.
A few months back I asked them about Linux-versions or wine-howtos and they
answered, that no one at graphpad has ever used a linux machine, but if I
would get it to work in wine, they would release my how-to in their
FAQ. :-)
Perhaps I should try cross-over?