[Wine] Re: Printing via Cups uses lpr ??

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:50:28 CDT 2007

christof.beuter at t-online.de wrote:

> unfortunately not ...
> There is no /usr/bin/lpr.cups on my system but I got an
> /usr/bin/cupsdoprint. But I don't know how to use it.
> Placing a link /usr/bin/lpr -> cupsdoprint didn't work for me.

Apparently, judging by some google searches, cupsdoprint is not a CUPS
program, but is something provided by several ditros.

CUPS should come with an lpr command, so are you sure when you invoke
lpr, it is not printing with CUPS? Have you tried printing using lpr and
see if the print shows up in the CUPS logs?