[Wine] Re: dll override for select apps only

Thor mtsandersen at SPAMSUX.com
Mon Mar 19 00:50:32 CDT 2007

"toon" <xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:1162929766.315109.105440
@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Thor schreef:
>
>> I've been experimenting with Wine on Ubuntu Edgy.
>> I installed WinRAR, and when it didn't work,
>
> This bug has been fixed a few days ago. Download current git, or wait
> for next wine-release, then you don't need the override anymore. Regards

Thanks. WinRAR is not important, there are free unrars, but I just wanted to
know how to set specific overrides without breaking others. I will test it
out soon.
It is unfortunate that setting the override in Winecfg seems to break it, as
it seems to rely on the same DLL. Maybe WineCFG shouldn't obey the overrides
itself, but stick with what is known to work.