[Wine] Re: screen goes blank

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen nospam.nospam at mekanix.dk
Mon Mar 19 00:50:42 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:

> Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <nospam.nospam at mekanix.dk> wrote:
>> I just upgraded wine to version 0.9.25 on ubuntu dapper, and now DeusEx
>> makes the screen/desktop go blank.
>> I've been running DeusEx for a long time without issues. I've tried
>> reverting back to version 0.9.24, but the blank screen happens still.
> Did reverting involve deleting/moving ~/.wine?

Not at first, but yes i've tried that.

>> I'm running all application in an emulated desktop, so no matter what,
>> wine shouldn't turn the entire screen blank.
> That's true. I also doubt it is capable of doing so. Is it possible to
> get your display back (i.e. unblanking the screen)? If yes, how?

I can exit DeusEx, after which I can see the mouse, but only inside the
boundaries that have made up the emulated desktop. Outside i disappears.
All the while that the screen is blank.

Using ctrl-alt-del and then enter I can exit the kde-session and get the
login-screen (unblanked).

Bjarne