[Wine] Re: CreateScalableFontResourceA

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:50:48 CDT 2007

schultzm <schultzm.de at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to run a program called "elektronisches gesangbuch" under
> wine.  Nearly everything works fine,  but i get the following error
> during application startup:
>
> fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub
> fixme:font:CreateScalableFontResourceA
> (0,"y:\\.wine\\drive_c\\eg2\\fonts\\Capella.fot","y:\\.wine\\drive_c\\eg2\\fonts\\Capella.ttf",(null)):
> stub
>
> The application includes a feature to view music with notes. I
> consider, the notes are included in the font "capella.ttf". Both files

That sounds likely.

> - capella.ttf and capella.fot (from a windows-installation) are in the
> ~/.wine/drive_c/eg2/fonts and in the ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts
> -directory. But the application doesn't use them. Instead it uses a
> different font which contains Hebrew letters, but any notes.

Using a hebrew font sounds strange, mabye it is an automatic 'closest
match' mechanism at work.

> Any ideas, how to solve the problem?

Yes.
a) Implement the functionality provided by CreateScalableFontResourceA.
b) Convince the apps developers to use another mechanism for accessing
the font, namely one that is already implemented by wine.

Daniel