[Wine] Re: Cypress USB driver emulation

elvez elvez84 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:50:49 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> elvez84 at gmail.com wrote:
> > I'm not interested if it's integrated with wine, I only would like to
> > know if somebody has experience about using it for non-network devices.
>
> Well, don't know about that. Do you know about cyport.sf.net or libusb?
> It might be easier to rewrite your app to use one of those instead of
> messing with ndiswrapper.
>
> Daniel

I tried both cyport and libusb.
Cyport doesn't even compile, while I continue getting errors while
using libusb. Messages of the kind "out of memory" or "invalid ioctl
for device". I posted a message on the libusb-win32 forums and on the
cyport mailing list but I'm still awaiting for a reply.
I don't have much time to dedicate to the issue, because this project
shouldn't be longer than a couple of months (since it's a short
university pre-graduation internship) and getting the USB device to run
is only a small part of it.
Anyway, thank you very much for dedicating to the issue.