[Wine] Re: Wine for command line only

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:50:52 CDT 2007

Dennis <dtempleton-at-virginia-dot-edu> wrote:
> I "installed" the Darwine x86 package by copying it to the applications
> folder.  Not surprisingly, not having it installed into /usr/bin I
> can't access this via the terminal.   The FAQ is silent on this.

You just copied the package? Not even extracted it? I don't know how
things are done in the Mac World, but I'll hazard the guess that this is
not sufficient to install software.

> What am I missing, should I  move this or a central program to the bin
> file?  Should I build it separately from this binary?

You should _install_ the package by whichever means are appropriate.
What is "Should I build it separately from this binary?" supposed to
mean?

> Codeweavers is providing Mac-centric ports of DarWine for the new Intel
> Macs, but they are also focussed on installing complex window-based
> programs, and their faq is silent too.

Codewavers provide a flavor of wine which is suited to use certain
complex windows-based programs that vanilla wine is unable to run
correctly.

--
Before you post:
Read the Wine User Guide http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index