[Wine] Re: Wine identity for DCOM authentication

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:50:58 CDT 2007

jpgmc <janez.pers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your answer - does this apply even if I use microsoft's
> native implementation of DCOM inside wine? (installed DCOM98.EXE, which
> the client application is using right now). Wine's own DCOM is missing
> much more - client application bombs out with a long list of errors if
> I use it.

Hmm, didn't consider that. I really don't know whether authentication
stuff is handled internally or externally with DCOM98.

> I assumed microsoft's DCOM implementation would handle the
> authentication as well, am I mistaken? If I am not, then I need just
> the way how to tell the wine (or the DCOM subsystem directly) the
> username and the password it should use to authenticate...

As for the username and password, I'd assume there is a standard
interface under windows for this, but I'm really just guessing.

Daniel
--
Before you post:
Read the Wine User Guide http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index