[Wine] Re: Wine runs only once per X-session

Tomi Pieviläinen tpievila at cc.hut.fi
Mon Mar 19 00:51:07 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Tomi Pieviläinen <tpievila at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
> > Any hints on how I could resolve this problem or find out more about is
> > is appreciated. I have tried to google the  X error and go through wine
> > and nvidia lists, but there doesn't seem to be a problem like this.
>
> Have you checked your X log for errors?

Yes, nothing there. I tried to run with startx -- -logverbose 5 (as
recommended on nvidia linux forums) but X wouldn't even start this way.

> > Running Wine 0.9.24 on Debian unstable (also tried the deb in unstable,
> > same problem) with GeForce FX 5600 (driver 87.76). Last rows of
> > WINEDEBUG=+relay winecfg:
>
> WINEDEBUG=+wgl,+opengl or something like that would be more helpful
> since that is where the error comes from.

Neither +wgl nor +opengl give any information when running winecfg.

> > X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> >  Major opcode of failed request:  145 (NV-GLX)
> >  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 ()
> >  Resource id in failed request:  0x20e
> >  Serial number of failed request:  19
> >  Current serial number in output stream:  19
>
> Can you try to use the open source drivers? It would be interesting to
> see if those work.

This was an interesting test. I'm running a dual setup with Xinerama,
but couldn't get this to work with the same settings with nv, so I
simply commented the other screen out. Nv works. Then, just ou of
curiosity, I tried the nvidia driver with just one screen and that
works too.

So the problem only manifests with xinerama on.