[Wine] Re: Wine runs only once per X-session

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:51:10 CDT 2007

Tomi Pieviläinen <tpievila at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
>> Maybe your card supports hardware acceleration on one head only?
>
> That is correct, but I fail to see how that affects the problem? I am
> able to run 3d-games under nvidia drivers and wine, but only once per
> x-session with xinerama. Even winecfg which does not require 3d runs
> only once.

winecfg at least probes your OpenGL setup, so it is being used in this
case.
With your current Xinerama setup and native games, what happens if you
try to move the game from the accelerated head to the unaccelerated one?

> And under the nv driver (with no 3d acceleration) and in nvidia without
> xinerama these problems do not present themselves.

Which is exactly why I think that the one-head-only acceleration is the
issue here.

Daniel
--
Before you post: