[Wine] Re: app has problems parsing its config file

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:17 CDT 2007

ap wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to make wine run a qt-based commercial, large windows app. I run
> wine 0.9.22 on gentoo amd64 and can successfully run other
> applications. The app in question starts up fine, asks for which
> modules to use and then proceeds to constructs a temporary config file
> for itself. However, it then proceeds with an error message by itself
> that it encountered a problem parsing this config file at line 1, and
> after that there are many more parsing errors.

That version of Wine had quite a few errors in the file reading
functions. Have you tried the most recent Wine?

I suppose this large commercial app has not free trial version? I'll try
to take a look at your traces this weekend a bit more, and see if I can
see something.

> I tried many native windows dlls including msvcrt but to no avail.

On the other hand, if you are confident that it was in fact using native
msvcrt, then the problem would appear to be more subtle. You can always
verify whether it is in fact loading the native DLLs and by setting a
WINEDEBUG environment variable to +loaddll. Only pay attention to the
end of each line where it says "builtin" or "native".