[Wine] Re: ProgeCAD

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:51:20 CDT 2007

Marco Trapanese <marcotrapanese at libero.it> wrote:
> I would like to install ProgeCAD
> (http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3604).
> The installation was completed succesfully but when I launch the program
> Wine says:
>
> err:wgl:process_attach X11DRV or GDI32 not loaded. Cannot create default
> context.
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "opengl32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program
> Files\\progeSOFT\\progeCAD 2006 LT ENG\\icad.exe" failed, status c0000142
>
> Changing the OS has not effect.
> The opengl32.dll file is present into system32 folder. What should I check?

To quote from dlls/opengl32/wgl.c:
---snip---
/* This is for brain-dead applications that use OpenGL functions before
 * even creating a rendering context.... */
static BOOL process_attach(void)
---snip---
so basically the app you are using is badly written. It however still
should work.
Standard questions:
Wine version? Where from? Does acclerated 3D work with other (simple)
apps in wine?

Daniel
--
Before you post: