[Wine] Re: app has problems parsing its config file

ap andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:20 CDT 2007

On Nov 28, 4:41 pm, Duane Clark <junkm... at junkmail.com> wrote:
> ap wrote:
>
> >> Yes, that would definitely be worth a try. There have been several
> >> patches since then to fix bugs in that area. The most recent Wine
> >> version is 0.9.26, and that would be the one to try.
>
> > Ok, I will put this on.
> Good. And please post what the results are. If there are still problems
> with the file functions in a current version of Wine's msvcrt, I would
> like to know about them and get them fixed.

Ok, thanks to gentoos portage I was able to quickly install 0.9.26. It
turns out that your suspicion was accurate. Both the file io problem
and the crash are gone, using the builtin msvcrt, and also no other
native dlls.

> > Of course, now the app crashes just after it is done initializing the
> > user interface according to its start-up messages and just before it
> > want to create the main window with the menus and a 3d display area.A lot of changes have gone into the 3d stuff lately, so maybe that will
> also be fixed in a current version of Wine. Unfortunately, if there is
> still a problem in the 3d code, you won't be able to use native DLLs.
> They won't work in Wine.

What happens with 0.9.26 is that now the main window comes up and most
of the menues, and toolbars are drawn, but not all. Then there is no
crash but also no way to access the app by keyboard or mouse. It seems
to be running, however. I tried with and without managed windows and
virtual desktop, all with the same result.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your input, Andreas