[Wine] Font issue faced in RHEL 3 (7), not in RHEL 4

Ravinder Singh ravinderonly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:21 CDT 2007

Font issue faced in RHEL 3 (7), not in RHEL 4

I am facing a font problem with RHEL3 update7. I have installed wine
0.9.23
from rpm. In case of RHEL4 fonts are being used from
/usr/share/wine/fonts/
that are already packaged with rpm. But in case of RHEL3 this folder
isnt being
used. Although i have added the entry in config file and used ttmkfdir
for
creating the .scale and .dir files. When i put the tahoma.ttf like font
in
either /usr/share/wine/fonts or .wine/drive_c/windows/fonts/ it start
behaving
normally.

On the other side incase of RHEL4 sserife.fon available under
/usr/share/wine/fonts is responsible for my application to look
properly.