[Wine] Re: app has problems parsing its config file

ap andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:23 CDT 2007

On Nov 30, 10:11 am, Daniel Skorka <sko... at gmx.net> wrote:
> ap <andreasple... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > which works flawlessly on my installation. However, all the rendering
> > tests of glview are done fullscreen. Do you know of a working test app
> > that does windowed opengl ?
> Well,http://www.humus.ca/has some nice demos which run in a window
> (although it's just the 3D window, no buttons or such around it). Look
> for the Cloth demo, it has quite low requirements in comparison to some
> others.

I also found a qt based 3d mesh viewer at

 http://mview.sourceforge.net/

which has a menu and toolbar. I can run it under wine, and the 3d area
is shown with the loaded mesh. The menu and toolbar get hidden as soon
as I update the 3d area by moving the displayed object. This is
workable, and not the same behaviour I experience with my problem app.

Also, I downloaded qt for windows from

http://www.trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/windows

The .exe version installs nicely under wine. I could get the supplied
grabber.exe demo to run after copying some needed libraries to where
wine can find it. grabber.exe is opengl demo app with a menu. It
exhibits the same behaviour as mesh viewer, eg. overdrawn menus but
overall workable.

I may file a bug report after running with +opengl,+d3d,+wgl

Thanks, Andreas