[Wine] Re: latest on printing

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:26 CDT 2007

timmr at atlanticbb.net wrote:
> Is there anyone on this list that can give an overview of what is
> happening with the printer driver in WINE ?
> As of version 9.24 I had functional printing with CUPS  but in 9.25
> and 9.26 I don't.
> I'm just wondering if I am not aware of some new steps that I need to
> do with each new release/compile cycle here.
> I'm using 2.6.18 kernel and compiling from source.

Starting in November, a long series of patches for the printing system
have started to be checked into Wine. It would not surprise me if there
were some regressions in some applications. If you want to see what is
happening, you could go to:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-cvs/2006-November/subject.html
And look for the commits authored by Detlef Riekenberg.

Probably you want to file a bug, and perhaps go ahead and assign it to
Detlef.