[Wine] Re: ACCESS application in wine

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:51:29 CDT 2007

Frank Busse <frank at busse.oche.de> wrote:
> I'm trying to run a third party M$-ACCESS application in wine (0.9.26 on
> kubuntu). The app installs fine, but yields an error when reading the
> ACCESS database (tried in win98 and win2000 mode). Any hints? Any FAQ or
> dedicated page?

Have you checked the AppDB and frankscorner.org?

> In particular, I've read about using original M$-DLLs in wine for ACCESS
> support. Would this possibly solve the problem? If yes, which win
> version and which DLLs should I use? What should I do to install them?

Possibly, yes. Windows 2000 as the source is probably the best choice,
but XP and 2003 should be viable alternatives. What DLLs to use depends
on which DLL is causing the problem and can only be found out by
experimenting. Copy the DLLs to the folder that contains the executable
of your application and add one or more DLL override for this .exe in
winecfg.

Daniel
--
Before you post: