[Wine] Re: Why is app defaulting to Captain Podd font?

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:51:31 CDT 2007

Robert M. Riches Jr. <spamtrap42 at verizon.net> wrote:
> I don't believe it is distributed with PAF.  It does _not_
> show up if I do the following commands in a directory above
> my $WINEPREFIX area:
>
>    find . -name '*aptain*'
>    find . -name '*APTAIN*'

You may find the '-iname' option quite convinient...

> It appears the "Captain Podd" font is coming from the
> Mandriva Linux distribution on which Wine is running.  How
> PAF or some DLL finds and selects it is something I don't
> know but would like to find out.

Well, it certainly doesn't exist on my system. My guess is that PAF is
actually looking for another font which does not exist on your system.
One of two things may be happening:
The mechanism for looking up a font tries to choose a "similar" one
and returns what you see.
PAF realizes this font doesn't exist and on purpose chooses Captain
Podd.
I suggest: Find out which font exactly is being used under Windows. Make
sure this font is available under wine. See if that helps.

Daniel
--
Before you post:
Read the Wine User Guide http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index