[Wine] Can an App running on Wine access a network SMB printer?

panthiest at gmail.com panthiest at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:31 CDT 2007

Hoping to run a tight little retail app called regit on mixed (MSwin &
linux network) through Wine. When starting it gives up with "Run-time
error 484<-! Problem getting printer information from the system, Make
sure the printer is setup correctly".

All I have found re WINE and printing is there's not much (normally) to
do, Just works! with CUPS. I must admit I dont know whether CUPS is
seamless with Windows Network shares.

Sorry for the poor start to this problem. All and any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Kind regards Pete