[Wine] Help with running childrens cd-rom in Xubuntu

l.rosgen at gmail.com l.rosgen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:37 CDT 2007

Hello, I'm a newb with wine and not terribly bright with linux.  I am
trying to get some of the kids' games to work in Xubuntu.  I got wine
installed, and it seems I got the hot wheels game installed, after
finding that I needed to run everything as sudo.  Now when I run the
program in the windows window I see a low-res video of a cd-rom being
inserted into a disk drive, presumably instructing me to do the same
and the following error in the terminal:

ALSA lib seq_hw.c:456:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
such file or directory
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x18b8f8) : stub,
simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x1d8b70)->((nil),00000008)
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DStateBlockImpl_Release Releasing primary stateblock
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x1dc128)->(0x10024,00000011)
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP
from 32 to 16
fixme:d3d:state_blend Unrecognized dst blend value 0
err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_SetRenderState Multisample antialiasing not
supported by gl
fixme:win:WIN_CreateWindowEx Parent is HWND_MESSAGE
fixme:d3d:state_blend WINED3DRS_EDGEANTIALIAS enabled, but incompatible
dst blending param - what to do?

Does anyone have any idea how to help, or is this program perhaps a
lost cause with linux?

Many thanks for your time,
Lanna