[Wine] Re: DC++ problem

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:51:49 CDT 2007

magus kent <nobody at spamcop.net> wrote:
> Linux newbie here.
> WinXPPro, PCLinuxOS, wine version 1.0.9.23-1, DC++ version .668
> Finally got it to load, read my shares and go online.  Problem
> is if I minimize the program, on maximize the screen does not
> refresh.  All I get is a border with the radio buttons in the
> upper right corner with my desktop visible.  DC++ continues to
> run.  If I select the shut-down button the "do you really want
> to quit" dialogue box pops up as expected but the program
> doesn't terminate.  The window shade trick doesn't work either.
> I've moved the dlls into the wine/system32 directory as per web
> page: http://funkfunk.orcon.net.nz/dcwine.html....Any help would
> be appreciated...TIA...m

First of, you do know there are at least two linux gui dc++ clients?
Second, in what way is your windows version relevant to this?
Third, the howto talks about ~/.wine/fake_windows. Any sane wine setup
has ~/.wine/drive_c instead. Did you take that fact in account when
installing DLLs?
Finally, the HOWTO is horribly outdated. There hasn't been a
~/.wine/config file for 1.5 years.

Daniel
--
Before you post: