[Wine] Re: use Windows icons in Wine?

droid jshowalter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:51 CDT 2007

On Dec 13, 8:13 pm, Daniel Skorka <sko... at gmx.net> wrote:
> That's basically all you need. The easiest way would be to find where
> the icon is coming from - normally a .ico file or from the .exe itself.
> Then look around the net, there should be resource viewers that run on
> linux and allow you to extract those icons. Then save them as something
> KDE will like.

Following your advice, I googled and found GConvert, a Windows program
that does exactly what I wanted.  Works on McIntosh too.  You can down-
load and use it full-featured for 15 days, after which it costs $20 to
keep.  It is really a good program worth the money.

Like everything else, icon handling on Windows seems a hodge-podge of
this-and-that. :)

Once again, thanks for your help Daniel.