[Wine] Using smart cards with IE6 and Wine?

david at quanterium.zzn.com david at quanterium.zzn.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:51 CDT 2007

I have successfully installed Wine 0.9.24 (from Fedora Extras) and IE6
(using IEs4Linux) on Fedora Core 5.  IE6 works and I can browse to
Google, etc.

Now here's the next step and I'm not sure how to proceed.  I have a
smart card reader and I'd like to be able to use the certs on the card
to identify to web sites that require them, using IE.  Normally in
Windows, the ActivClient application has something to get the certs
into IE, but I can't get the version of ActivClient that I have to
install in Wine.

I do have the card reader working in Linux/Firefox (unfortunately some
of the intranet apps are IE only), so if there's some sort of way to
get IE/Wine to access the card though that rather than trying to get
ActivClient (or some other middleware?) installed in Wine that is fine.