[Wine] Re: Using smart cards with IE6 and Wine?

david at quanterium.zzn.com david at quanterium.zzn.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:53 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> You will not be able to do direct hardware accesses from wine.
> I'm not sure how these Smart Cards work and how they are presented under
> linux. If their contents appear (or can be made to appear) as files in a
> directory, you can map these files to a drive in wine. Hopefully, that
> is enough for what you need.

They don't mount like a disk (e.g. USB thumb drive) does if that's what
you mean.  In Firefox, it gets added as a Security Device (Preferences
-> Advanced -> Security Devices) which is a link to the appropriate
.so.  For example, on Fedora Core 6 with Coolkey, it's
/usr/lib/libcoolkeypk11.so.

- David