[Wine] Re: winecfg and notepad hangs when first start up

jacky11287 at gmail.com jacky11287 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:52:07 CDT 2007

Hi Hong,

I am also new to FC6 too, but I feel strange that ATI and nVidia both
doesn't be supported in FC6? Since at home, I also installed FC6 with
nVidia Geforce 7300Le, FC6 can found the display card and installed
(unless it is fake driver).

I will try to see it is the problem of KDE or GNOME~~~I will also try
SUSE as well.

Hope can get a suitable answer anyway~~~

Thank you very much

Yours sincerely,
Jacky Chan

Hong Chin Siong =BCg=B9D=A1G

> Hi Jacky,
>
> I don't know if Wine can't work in FC6, from what I see is such.
>
> In fact I am new to FC and decided to install it as it is from Red Hat, b=
ut
> now discovered they do not support ATI and nVidia cards well. I would say
> the driver support not good. I have used Mandrake and Knoppix before they
> are ok.
>
> I am running KDE, all the developments are installed.
>
> Anyway I think Mandrake (now changed to Mandriva?) and OpenSUSE are more
> user friendlier.
>
> Best regards,
> Chin Siong.
>
> jacky11287 at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi Hong,
> >
> > That's great to get you back and knowing you eventually got success in
> > OpenSUSE.
> > Although wine0.9.27 works in OpenSUSE 10.2, I am not to swith to suse.
> > As I know, OpenSuse prefer KDE.
> > As your understanding, wine 0.9.27 not works in FC6 is that the problem
> > of KDE and GNOME? Are you using KDE, and all the KDE-devels are
> > installed or not?
> >
> > Thank you very much~~~
> >
> > Hong Chin Siong =BCg=B9D=A1G
> >
> >> Hi jacky,
> >>
> >> I've installed OpenSUSE 10.2 tonight and immediately install Wine 0.9.=
27,
> >> it works perfectly.
> >>
> >> Not sure if it is FC6 driver issue.
> >>
> >> I will switch to OpenSUSE anyway as I find that it runs better on a PI=
II