[Wine] Re: winecfg and notepad hangs when first start up

jacky11287 at gmail.com jacky11287 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:52:11 CDT 2007

Hi Hong,

> I reinstalled FC6 on another hard disk and this time WINE works! Tried by
> not installing Wine from the CD, but add it later via the web (CD version
> is 0.9.24, web version now is 0.9.27.

Do you using yum or source compilation? I did compiled wine 0.9.27 from
the source and get the mentioned error. If you used yum, would you
please post the yum command here for me to try?

> Anyway OpenSUSE is not dual boot friendly, I failed to install it on a dual
> boot system, it messed up with the MBR and no matter what I did (tried LILO
> and GRUB) to recover the boot menu, it never appear but show "Missing
> Operating System". Like a bugs somewhere. So I am forced to use FC6.....

That's too bad, I am not quite farmiliar with MBR, anyway I guess would
be the MBR is corrupt, I encountered the similar problem before with
the dual of Windows and FC. I final use the tools called "spfdisk" (a
well-unkown boot utility) with the command:

"spfdisk /mbr" to fix my the MBR sector, anyway hope it help~~~