[Wine] Re: xclip and wine

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:52:15 CDT 2007

Abanowicz Tomasz <pawlaczus at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I perform the following command
>
> $ echo "Text to clipboard" | xlip -i -selection clipboard
> $ xclip -o -selection clipboard
> Text to clipboard
>
> I can also paste the text in mozilla by pressing shift-insert.
>
> I cannot paste it into application running under Wine.
> I have to invoke ctrl-insert explicitly on selected text in order to be
> able to paste it into this wine application.
>
> Do you have any idea why it doesn't work under application running in
> wine ?

I've had a quick look at the wine source, and it seems that wine should
use what is in the clipboard or primary selections. This, however, does
not happen. I therefore consider this a bug in wine. Would you please
enter it into bugzilla? Give the information you posted here, and attach
the trace.

Daniel
--
Before you post: