[Wine] Re: Objects "uncompletely" displayed

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:52:43 CDT 2007

Frederick Amorison wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask some help about the following problem:
>
> I'm running a soft called beersmith (www.beersmith.com) with wine. The
> soft is running but some lists are uncompletely displayed. Only the
> first column is displayed but I can sort lists on unvisible columns.
>
> I already have asked help from the developpers but havn't received any
> usefull answers: http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=897.0
>
> I think this could be a problem with wine but have no clue on how to
> find more.

So a second try, still on the subitems...
The subitems, including subitem 0, are all being set in beersmith with
the message LVM_SETITEM. This is a bit different from what I expect.

For example, I compiled (using mingw) and ran the code for the ListView
control spy (the code downloaded from Microsoft). This code does an
LVM_INSERTITEM for the first subitem, and LVM_SETITEM for the rest of
the subitems. I tried changing the first call to LVM_SETITEM, and the
control no longer works (it does come up though); though in this case
not even the first item shows up.

I cannot seem to figure out just what beersmith does to make even the
first item show up when the listview is created this way ;)