[Wine] Sound Problems

David crazydahveed at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:53:09 CDT 2007

Hey guys, I am having some problems getting the sound to work with
wine, and I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out.  This
is my first time using wine, so I am still learning about it.  Anyway,
when I try to run my application, I get an error back:

err:wave:DSDB_MapBuffer Could not map sound device for direct access
(Input/output error)
err:wave:DSDB_MapBuffer Please run winecfg, open "Audio" page and set
"Hardware Acceleration" to "Emulation".

I have done as it requested and set the Hardware Acceleration to
Emulation; I even set it to emulate the driver.  Does wine
automatically determine which of the ALSA/OSS/etc to use for sound?
When I open the Audio tab on the winecfg, I get:

ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
such file or directory
fixme:jack:JACK_drvLoad error loading the jack library libjack.so,
please install this library to use jack

I am running Ubuntu Edgy, fully updated and wine 0.9.28.  I don't know
what other information I could provide, so if you need something more,
just let me know.

Thanks,
David