[Wine] winecfg problem

Last2kn0 at gmail.com Last2kn0 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:53:13 CDT 2007

I installed wine version 0.9.24 and winetools on my computer (OpenSuse
10.2) but I can't get it to configure at all. I first tried winetools
and it said that I didn't have a configuration so run with the command
wt. So I typed wt and nothing happened. Heres where I think the main
problem lies though.

When I attempt to do winecfg I get a ton of errors. Here is the output:

joshua at linux:~> winecfg
wine: creating configuration directory '/home/joshua/.wine'...
Failed to open the service control manager.
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address
0x7cacbafd (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:syslevel:_EnterSysLevel (0x7eef0ae0, level 2): Holding 0x7ede2ce0,
level 3. Expect deadlock!
err:syslevel:_EnterSysLevel (0x7eef0ae0, level 2): Holding 0x7ede2ce0,
level 3. Expect deadlock!
err:syslevel:_CheckNotSysLevel Holding lock 0x7ede2ce0 level 3
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code 80000003 flags 0 addr
0x7b885300
wine: wineprefixcreate failed while creating '/home/joshua/.wine'.
joshua at linux:~> wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/joshua/.wine-fGht5B/system.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/joshua/.wine-fGht5B/userdef.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/joshua/.wine-fGht5B/user.reg : No such file or directory

I treid creating the .wine directory for myself and this is what
happened:
 I created the directory and chmod 777.

The winecfg window actually opens up but each time I try to do
something I get errors in the terminal.
Here is the initial warnings and what happens when I try to set up
Drives using Autodetect:

joshua at linux:~> winecfg
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not
accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory
'/home/joshua', starting in the Windows directory.
fixme:winspool:AddPrinterW DocumentPropertiesW on printer 'L"BRFAX"'
fails
fixme:winspool:AddPrinterW DocumentPropertiesW on printer 'L"MFC210C"'
fails
fixme:winspool:AddPrinterW DocumentPropertiesW on printer
'L"photosmart7600series"' fails
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not
accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/',
starting in the Windows directory.

/* Setting up Drives here: */
err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes unable to define devicename of 'C:',
targetpath of '/'
err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes unable to define devicename of 'D:',
targetpath of '/home'
err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes unable to define devicename of 'E:',
targetpath of '/windows/C'
err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes unable to define devicename of 'F:',
targetpath of '/sys/kernel/debug'
err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes unable to define devicename of 'G:',
targetpath of '/proc/bus/usb'
err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes unable to define devicename of 'H:',
targetpath of '/home/joshua'