[Wine] Re: Sound Problems

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:53:32 CDT 2007

David <crazydahveed at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I have done as it requested and set the Hardware Acceleration to
>> > Emulation; I even set it to emulate the driver.  Does wine
>>
>> Did that make the error message go away?
>
> No, it does not make the message go away; it gives me that error
> message no matter what.

Hmm.

> Does it hurt anything by having both ALSA and OSS selected?  I have
> tried just ALSA, just OSS, and both; nothing seems to make a
> difference.  I have an Abit Nvidia Nforce2 chipset motherboard with
> onboard audio, which I would not imagine to have problems due to it
> being so common.  Sound works fine everywhere but in wine.  How can I
> tell which driver I should be using?

If you can use OSS as well as ALSA, you are using the ALSA drivers,
optionally with OSS emulation. Theoretically, the ALSA output is the
better choice in this case. The error above may relate to the
configuration in your ~/.asoundrc. Try changing it to give you direct
hardware access, instead of going through e.g. the dmix plugin.

Daniel
--
Before you post:
Read the Wine User Guide http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index