[Wine] Re: Wine: Configuration, Downloading, and Installing for absolute beginners? Help, anyone?

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:53:54 CDT 2007

jesuslovinmovienurd at yahoo.com wrote:
> After compilation (I've done a bit already, but am not sure I did
> enough, or even got it right), we get into the actual downloading and
> installation of software.  The user's manual says "...install
> applications into Wine in the same way you would in Windows: by running
> the installer."  But which one?  Where?  HOW?  Not to mention, should I
> download my .exe files anywhere special?

The installer is whereever you put it. Because Bill Gates in his
infinite wisdom chose to hide file extensions from the user, you
propably aren't aware that those colorful little pictures actually stand
for exectuables (in windows terminology, files with the extension
'.exe')

Daniel
--
Before you post: