[Wine] Re: Using native Dlls from original Win2000

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:05 CDT 2007

Pete Ricksecker wrote:

> I have an app (Quicken) that looks for IE 5.5 and installing ies4linux
> does not correct it as Quicken still does not find IE.

To install and use another app with IE installed by ies4linux, you need
to set an environment variable, for example:
export WINEPREFIX="/home/dclark/.ies4linux/ie6"

Notice that ies4linux creates a ~/bin directory. In that directory is
typically a single file (unless you installed several versions of IE).
That file is a simple script. If you are using the icon that was put on
your desktop to run IE, notice that the "command" that it executes
(right click on the icon) is similar to "/home/dclark/bin/ie6". And
notice that the first thing the script does is to set the WINEPREFIX
environment variable.