[Wine] Re: Warcraft 2 BNE - performance problem...

Olaf Leidinger leidola at newcon.de
Mon Mar 19 00:54:05 CDT 2007

Hello!

> One thin I don't understand is that my card is being detected as
> "generic"... could this be the reason?

Your configuration looks okay. "generic" is also okay -- at least it's
only a name ;-)

I guess you can also use opengl-applications (ppracer,
googleearth, ...) at resonable speed (otherwise X wouldn't start at
all).

You might try running X at a different color depth --
e.g. 16 bit

Perhaps the integrated nvidia driver ("nv" instead of
"nvidia") works better -- but I guess you've to disable/delete the
registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Programs\Wine\Direct3D
\DirectDrawRenderer you set before.

By the way... is there any output while running WC2?

Ciao,

Olaf