[Wine] Re: winecfg won't start and causes errors in xubuntu dapper

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:54:09 CDT 2007

noalternative <noalternative at removethesecapstoreplyoperamail.com> wrote:
> oldcomputer at ubuntu:~$ planetpenguin-racer
> bash: planetpenguin-racer: command not found
> oldcomputer at ubuntu:~$ planetpenguin-racer
> bash: planetpenguin-racer: command not found

I'll give you the benefit of doubt on this one.
If 'bash' tells you 'command not found', it means the command was not
found. In other words: The executable has a different name.

> oldcomputer at ubuntu:~$ neverball
> Illegal instruction
> oldcomputer at ubuntu:~$

Ok, now this is more interesting. 'Illegal Instruction' means that
neverball crashed. We could dig deeper into this using a debugger, but
I'll bet your OpenGL/GLX/DRI setup is busted. Are you perchance using
closed source drivers for your Nvidia or ATI graphics card? At any rate,
the fault most likely does not lie with wine.

Daniel
--
Before you post:
Read the Wine User Guide http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index